Sunday, September 7, 2014

Type Experiments

Ok, so I went to a portfolio review at my school. There were supposed to be illustration experts and professionals there to look at our illustrations, as we are all illustration majors. Something like that. Anyways, someone dropped that ball, and I spoke to a graphic designer instead. He told me that I might consider exploring custom type to accompany my book covers. I liked this idea, as it combined by initial love of book illustrations with my work as a part time graphic designer. So yay for that idea.

So I made a cover and some full page illustrations inspired by Michael Martone's adaptation of Jack and The Beanstalk, called A Bucket of Warm Spit.  And I kinda like it.